The DME is meeting with school communities that may be significantly affected by a boundary and feeder pattern revision scenario. These will be determined as the scenarios are developed and information becomes available from the Master Facility Plan 2023. The content at the school meetings listed below will focus on school boundary and student assignment-related challenges specific to the school or school communites. Members of the public may provide feedback and testimony about potential solutions including the establishment or modification of school attendance zone boundaries. In addition to these school-specific meetings that are open to everyone, there will be three final citywide town halls in December. For more information about the final citywide town halls, visit the town hall page of the DME website.
Meetings currently scheduled:
- Bancroft Elementary School
- Peabody ES, Watkins ES, Stuart-Hobson MS
- Tuesday, November 14 at 7 p.m. (LSAT meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.) View the materials from this meeting.
- Brent ES
- Wednesday, November 15 at 6:30 p.m. View the materials from this meeting.
- Turner ES
- Monday, November 20 at 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Both times are in person at Turner ES (3264 Stanton Road SE 20020). View the meeting materials.
- Malcolm X ES @ Green
- Tuesday, November 21 at 8:30 a.m. The meeting is in person at Malcolm X ES @ Green (1500 Mississippi Ave. SE 20032). View the meeting materials.
- Military Road ELC
- Monday, November 27 at 4:30 p.m. (LSAT meeting): View the meeting materials (also includes information about Thaddeus Stevens ELC because school leadership is shared).
- Maury ES
- Tuesday, November 28 at 6:00 p.m.
- View the meeting materials.
- Sousa MS and ES feeder schools
- Mann ES
- Eaton ES
- Wednesday, December 13 at 4:30 p.m. (LSAT meeting) - details to join will be added when they are available.
Additional school meetings will be added to this page as they are scheduled. This includes, but is not limited to the following school communities with whom we are finalizing dates:
- Miner ES
- Marie Reed ES
- Payne ES
- Ida B Wells MS