The DME coordinates and incubates interagency and cross sector projects and initiatives. The DME’s work is divided into three types of deliverable:
Policy: Legislative or regulatory changes that support the goals of equity, access, and quality cross-sector.
Process: An established forum or approach to facilitate the ongoing practice of joint planning across DC Public Schools and public charter schools.
Project: Specific efforts to implement a new initiative that has a citywide impact.
Below is a list of our current initiatives, organized by topic area. Please visit the links below to learn more about what projects are underway in each topic area.
- DC Public Education Master Facilities Plan 2018
- *Updated* Citywide Landscape of Formerly Closed DCPS Facilities
- FY16 Request for Applications
- New! Kids Ride Free on Rail
- DC Cross-Sector Collaboration Task Force
- Student Assignment and School Boundaries Review Process
- DC Common Lottery
- Public Education Facility Planning
- Reducing Truancy and Reconnecting Youth to Educational Opportunities
- DC Education Adequacy Study
- DC Educational Opportunity for Military Children State Coordinating Council