The DME coordinates and incubates interagency and cross sector projects and initiatives. The DME’s work is divided into three types of deliverable:
Policy: Legislative or regulatory changes that support the goals of equity, access, and quality cross-sector.
Process: An established forum or approach to facilitate the ongoing practice of joint planning across DC Public Schools and public charter schools.
Project: Specific efforts to implement a new initiative that has a citywide impact.
Below is a list of our current initiatives, organized by topic area. Please visit the links below to learn more about what projects are underway in each topic area.
- School Boundary and Student Assignment Study 2023
- DC Public Education Master Facilities Plan 2023
- School Safety Enhancement Committee
- Public Education Facility Planning
- DC Sports Review Study 2022
- DC Educational Opportunity for Military Children State Coordinating Council
- Reducing Truancy and Reconnecting Youth to Educational Opportunities
- Cross-Sector Collaboration Task Force
- DC Education Adequacy Study 2013