To view meeting presentations, handouts, and recordings from the 2023 DC Advisory Committee on Student Assignment, please visit the links below.
- Meeting #1: March 30, 2023: At this first meeting, members met each other and launched the process.
- Meeting #2: May 3, 2023: At this second meeting, members discussed guiding principles, current context and challenges, and the May citywide townhalls.
- Meeting #3: May 30, 2023: At this third meeting, members reviewed feedback provided during May citywide townhalls and through surveys, and continued guiding principles discussion.
- Meeting #4: June 21, 2023: At this fourth meeting, committee members finalized the guiding principles and reviewed priority challenges.
- Meeting #5: July 19, 2023: At this fifth meeting, committee members continued review and discussion of priority challenges.
- Meeting #6: September 14, 2023: At this sixth meeting, committee members welcomed new Ward 5 member Ana Rodriguez, reviewed the roadmap to recommendations, and discussed key challenges and potential solutions.
- Meeting #7: October 24, 2023: At this seventh meeting, members reviewed updates from the Master Facilities Plan process, shared working group updates, and reviewed an extended timeline.
- Meeting #8: December 5, 2023: At this eighth meeting, members will review boundary and feeder scenarios that will be shared at the citywide town halls on December 12-14 and discuss systems-level policy ideas.