The DC Cross-Sector Collaboration Task Force charged with developing a report for the Mayor with clear and fair recommendations on how to improve the coherence of public education in DC for parents and increase the collaboration across and among public schools; this initiative aims to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and student outcomes. The Task Force will focus its efforts on identifying key aspects of education that would benefit from cross-sector efforts between DCPS and public charter schools.
With approximately 55 percent of public school students attending DCPS and 45 percent attending a public charter school, the next chapter of improving education in DC is for both sectors to work together. Education leaders from across the city have expressed their desire and willingness to come to the table to work collaboratively – and the Task Force is a unique opportunity to do so.
Structure and Membership
The Task Force will be a two year effort and will tackle issues in a phased approach. The Task Force will meet monthly from January 2016 through July 2017. The Task Force, co-chaired by the DME and Mayor Anthony Williams, has 26 members and includes representatives from Local Education Agencies (LEA) and district agencies, public school parents, and community members. Membership is balanced across sectors, demographics and ward of residence.
To view members biographies see Members Bio's
For more information please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Task Force Meeting Schedule and Meeting Materials
Meetings of the Cross-Sector Collaboration Task Force will be held once per month; dates are as follows:
- Wednesday, February 17, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library (901 G Street NW) Room 417
- Monday, March 21, EducationCounsel (101 Constitution Ave. NW, Suite 900)
- Tuesday, April 26, The John A. Wilson Building (1350 Pennsylvania Ave., NW Suite G-9)
- Tuesday, May 24, DC Taxicab Commission Hearing Room (2235 Shannon Pl, SE Suite 2032)
- Tuesday, June 28, EducationCounsel (101 Constitution Ave, NW Suite 900)
- Tuesday, July 26, DC Taxicab Commission Hearing Room (2235 Shannon Pl, SE Suite 2032)
- Tuesday, September 27, EducationCounsel (101 Constitution Ave, NW Suite 900)
- Thursday, October 13: Breakout Group Conference Call: Mid-year Entry, Transfer, and Exit Policies
- Monday, October 17: Breakout Group Conference Call: By-Right Charters
- Tuesday, October 25, Department of For-Hire Vehicles Hearing Room (2235 Shannon Place, SE)
- Cross-Sector Taskforce Retreat - Monday, November 7, EducationCounsel (101 Constitution Ave, NW Suite 900)
Tuesday, November 22**CANCELLED - TO BE RESCHEDULED**
- Thursday, December 1 and Friday, December 2 Conference calls (2) (rescheduled monthly meeting from Tuesday, November 22)
- Tuesday, Janurary 24, 2017, Department of For-Hire Vehicles Hearing Room (2235 Shannon Place, SE)
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017, EducationCounsel (101 Constitution Ave, NW Suite 900)
Please note that all meetings will run from 6:00 – 8:00pm.
Public input is critical to ensuring that we develop sound and meaningful recommendations. There will be multiple opportunities to engage with the DME and Task Force members throughout the process. Learn more here.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or call (202) 727-0696.